Friday 12 September 2008

A real shock to the sytem

Was in good fettle last night when No 1 boy arrived, but shortly afterwards he pointed out that I was working this morning - and I thought he was joking !! But not so , so therefore, off I went, feeling a bit rough this morning - BUT BUT I did have a sound sleep.

Into the town , got the place sorted, wee bit beakfast from Jamie @ Shrek, then Claire arrived. I was on my own till 11 a.m. but with no mad rush , probably due to this being the Edinburgh September weekend and lots of offices closed down. Had a nice group in from Birmingham so they were sent off with a list of things to do - and they were foing to report back on Sunday. Big squad of folks from the USA staying round the corner so they were having a confused time at the auto ticket machine for bus tickets and could not understand our money . They were very pleasant , from Alabama - but not Birmingham !!!

Good wee crowd in over luch time and with the sun shining I was able to stand and do the meet and greet thing at the door, but was wilting ever so.
Then Mrs B. appeared so I ended up having my first ever haddock at the Mercat, very good.

Nice to see Annie and her step daughter up from the Sportsmans to set up the karaoke for tonights birthday party in the downstairs bar.

However, with Mrs. B. a bit out of sorts we headed off homewards - but, I spotted by favourite team of workmen !! the tram chappies, sitting in their motors at 2.45 p.m., and we commented that they were either having a late lunch or another tea break - but it was a short time later that I realised they were waiting to finish at 3 p.m., this being Friday - I was always under the impression that a 3 p.m. finish meant just that , not bloody skiving off early.

Home, and a much needed two hours sleep before I changed and rushed out at 6.40 p.m. to head for Bonnyrigg to attend the half yearly meeting of the Provincial Royal Arch Chapter of Mid and East Lothian. There was a very good attendance with visitors from Glasgow, Renfrew, the Borders, etc. However, with a long weekend ahead, OSM on saturday and working Sunday, I managed to leave at a resonable time to get home and the feet up.

No comments: