Thursday 18 September 2008

English for beginners




Well, sun shone this morning , had a totally horriffic night with cramps, bad dreams, etc, so no long lie despite being off for the day.
Managed to do in my back - yet another muscualr spasm, so I am now hobbling about all crooked.

Mrs. B feeling awee bit brighter so we headed off to Bathgate to see her friend - Bathgate , the birthplace of Sir James Young-Simpson, discoverer of anaesthetic properties of chloroform. ( and I do have the photo this time).

Sat and read a letter composed by a Doctor - it took saeveral readings before I fully understood the content - so much for the attempts to introduce plain English.

We headed off to McArthur Glen , Livingston , where I manged to get a nice pair of light "Walk on Air" shoes to help my feet when on the go all day.
Had a light bite in Chichago, one of the other restaurants in the Livbingston complex - food was not to bad, but the young barmaid was superb , right on the ball - so she got full marks, however, they did lose a few customers who just wandered in and out again without any kind of contact.
Home and able to get my stufff all sorted for my trip to Dufftown on saturday , as I am off into Edinburgh to meet with an old friend, David Mckay, brother of my best man , Graeme, who has driven down from north of Inverness for the night.

rain now on - once again, bus about due so off I go .

No comments: