Sunday 7 September 2008

Many shades of grey

Sunday - up with the larks and out into a cool grey autum morning (for a change) and off to open up the Mercat Bar, meeting Geoff the cleaner who was still waiting to get in. But not long to get up and running , with the bold Jamie and Paddy seriously jiggered from yesterday's hard graft - it had been really busy.
So we were thankful, I suppose, that we were not rushed but steady this morning - so when Graham arrived, feeling really unwell so had to head back home to bed.
This is the last week for the twins Shareen and Dannielle as they are going to go back and live at home in Stirling - we will miss them but obviously they need to do whayt is best.

I left mid morning and headed out to Gorebridge for a committeee meeting with the OSM, folowed by a rehearsal for next saturdays meeting. Word was out about a member who is terminally ill in Marie Curie Hospice with a brain tumor, when I last spoke to him he had been complaining about being forgetful, etc, now we know why.

When I went back to the car the tyre was soft, so I had it reinflated en route back into the town and eventualy ened up in the Waverly railway station where I had some of my own work to do. BUT an hour later I had a full flat so had to change the wheel in the station, but at least I was under cover.
Not wanting to head south tonight with no spare tyre I headed out looking for a tyre fitter, but Nationwide were too busy and wanted to close so they were no good, however Farmers Auto in Strathearn Road could not have been more helpful, even although the puncture was not repairable so I had to get a new tyre.
I see that Paul has been viewing from Antwerp, I wonder if he managed to view the wonderful floral carpet which was recently on display in Brussels. His beloved out laws, William and Sandra should be winging their way back from Spain today - no doubt with good tans.

Robbie and Caitlin are still well - they have been on line this morning.

All sorts of fun and games in the Grand Prix with Louis Hamilton winning the race and then being given a 25 second time penalty which dropped him back to third place. I hope that Andy Murray fares better in the tennis later tonight. Might be able to hear it in the car on my way south to Runcorn once again.
The bold Sparky Mark is off on his travels again, this time doing the Speyside whisky trail on foot with a friend - it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

No comments: