Friday 19 September 2008

A Pizza please, she said.




With the aid of my wonderful bus pass I headed back into town so assisted by the bus lanes I was soon back in Princes Street, laden with goods from Costco , and still had to hobble ( due to bad back) along to the Mercat Bar.
Surprise, I met , Gordon and Sandra Leitch who had been reported missing !! , along with Go Jo, Graham Allan and Brenda so i had to split myself in two to have a blether.
place was busy but about 8 p.m. David and his Daughter jennifer arrived to join me so we found a quieter corner downstairs.
Great to see David, who like myself is not getting any younger, but he did not have as bad a paper round as me - many mooind ago he lived in Penicuik, then Edinburgh while running his local Company Pentland Copper Craft, but eventually moved up to Allness, to set up other enterprises there. His daughter Jennifer still lives in Town and works for an agency who deal with "green issues" especially matters regarding the disposal of waste. This job takes her far and wide and she has regualr meetings with our Beurocrats in Brussels - very interesting to hear about the work she is doing. The lass had just bought herself a new camera but was not really up to posing.
Turned out she was a vegetarian , and had set her mind on Dad buying her a pizza, so - just to keep her happy we had to get a pizza from next door while we had a fishy dinner, prawns and haddock.
With Graham B. heading off to the USA a.m. and needing his bed we had to break up early so that I could get a lift home, howwever, next trip down David has promised me a big steak.

No comments: