Thursday 29 April 2010

HUMILIATION V HUMILITY

I think I really need to blow my top or risk busting a blood vessel, so writing may well be some form of release.

I watched with more than a little satisfaction as Gordon Brown , our beloved P.M. put his extra large foot in it once again yesterday by saying one thing to a lady supporter and then another behind her back. He obviously will suffer big time for this gaff - or was it a gaff? He said one thing publicly and privately another - should he not be saying what he believes to be the truth all the time - but then again he is a politician and they are so twisted they make corkscrews look straight.
His next move was to go and apologise privately to the lady, WHY , when having humiliated her nationally, was he not prepared to be humiliated himself ?

This reminded me of an incident many years ago when I received a serious dressing down in public for something which I was alleged to have done, no explanation was asked for - it was straight to the jugular with my colleagues watching. Different story a couple of weeks later when the truth came out and I was completely exonerated - I was taken into an office, sat down , cup of tea and given a private apology - and a warning , - “better not talk about this”.

And so to the current time, those who know me are aware that for the past five/ six years I have followed a situation involving Edinburgh City Council which was very similar to the above. Allegations were made, later disproved , but no apology, - a heavy hammer was used to crack a nut when simple common sense should have prevailed - apart from the fact that the individuals involved failed to even follow their own procedures. But not even an apology - that would have meant an admission that they were wrong - just a closing of ranks to cover up incompetents and protect backsides.
There then followed and continues, the Corporate game of what is little more than bullying , big boy verses little boy . Big boy’s dad had lots of money (not his - it’s the ratepayers, but who cares) so big boy can afford to play games for as long as he likes without any redress in the hope that little boy packs his bag and runs away.
My ABC of things right and wrong tells me that this is not fair, it is not playing the game, but who says that Corporate bodies ever play by the rules - they are just out to win at all costs and not to lose face.

So for those who do not know me, you may never know what this is all about, because these Big Boys have big sticks, pay lawyers, and use the law to gag the likes of me.

Anyway , back to the mundane - a few more movements from the bowels of the earth this morning , Japan, Alaska and the USA west coast as normal.

Andy Murray is back in action in Rome later today , lets home he went to bed last night and not out partying.

Made it to the Eastern Star last night for the final meeting of this session, and hopefully will get down to Bonnyrigg for the RAC 500 social tomorrow night where we have one of the “Drifters” group singing.
Should be busy in The Mercat Bar with all the rugby taking place at Murrayfield, so guess who is not going to benefit from the holiday weekend.

No comments: