Monday 5 April 2010

Sleepsless night for more than me


So the earth has moved once again, this time a big earthquake in Mexico felt hundreds of miles away by millions in southern California - plenty drinks, shaken but not stirred !! It is not that I am paranoid about these earthquakes, but it seems to worry me more than it does the folks who live over there - or am I wrong.

Sat last night and watched "Four Weddings and a Funeral" right through for the first time, very good - but had sat all evening for the results show of the "Over the Rainbow" show - what happened to it ? However, no point in even attempting to go to bed as I started to cough fit to burst again, so I spent the whole night wrapped up sitting in the rocking chair in the conservatory - not amusing. So when dawn broke Mrs B found me out for the count and looking like one of the more fortunate "gentlemen of the streets". I was duly sent to bed, and dozed off propped up with a pile of pillows.

I see that 105 of the trapped Chinese miners have been rescued from the flooded mine where they were in water for the past seven days, remarkable.

Listening to Zoe Ball on Radio 2 and to the customary chaos on the roads as folks start to return home after the weekend of easter Eggs and hunting the Easter Bunnies, etc. Is it really worth the trouble?
The town is fairly quiet this morning , as everyone is in the next stage of the rotation from holiday to home again.

Sparky Mark will be heading off into the mountains in Morocco for his weeks trek so that will keep him out of mischief - while RGB and Go jo should be making for The Big Apple for a couple of nights.

No comments: