Thursday 22 April 2010

Phones glued to my me - with no luck

Thought I was going to have a lie in this morning - no such luck, Alana called in sick very early - not well, so I had to make a dash into town to get things up and running.

Turned out to be a busy morning, I had two new staff on duty with me, then 26 from one of the business networking clubs arrived to use our lower dining room for a seminar - next hit was when a stag group from Norwich arrived for drinkies and breakfast, a good humoured gang.

Lunchtime had its moments, but with Sir Christopher and RGB on site it ws time for me to head off. Tried to get some Polish money for tomorrow, no luck - stopped in to see Arlene and Alan, not there - not my day, but worse to come.

Home and onto the computer and telephone - Easy Jet and Expedia - cost a fortune on hold and got nowhere fast, and the computer was nearly flung out the window. Odd thing being that on tonight's "Watchdog" on TV , both companies were under the microscope for the same problems I was having. I have said this before, call a sales line and you will get an answer, but try and get customer services, no way.
I was on the phone to Royalties Gold sorting out a trip in August, but our calls to Cosmos Tourama were causing me serious grief - three hours on the phone and computer before getting a successful result. These companies must make an absolute fortune from folks who are left sitting on hold.

Should have been at the wine tasting tonight, but with so much to do before we leave for Krackow in the morning, sense prevailed and a night in was deemed necessary. Hopefully I will have some internet connection while away and with the cameras all sorted might just manage to find something of interest to report.

Earthquakes, yes lots of movement in California and New Mexico, but another one in Dominica,
Australia, and even off the Straits of Gibraltar !!

Lets see how Easy Jet and their colleagues manage to get us up, up and away in the morning, same applies to William and Sandra who are hoping to meet up with us.

No comments: