Thursday 8 April 2010

The sair toe, Runcorn style

Despite the rain and mist north of the Border the weather cleared and I had a very good run South to Runcorn - the wee Fiesta performing surprisingly well.

Jill at Reception was right on the ball , had my badge ready , knew what I had been up to, and
had me in and sorted in minutes.

Headed to the canteen where both of Dick Turpin's sisters were there, large as life and causing their usual mayhem.
Conversation went like this ;-
Me - Chris, have you been reading the blog ?
Christine - not since the last time when I got pins and needles in my elbow, then i had a mouse in the loft and would not use the computer !!
Me - are you going to read what I write today ?
Chris - might not be able to - I have broken my toe !!!! ( who else uses a foot operated mouse or computer).

I think she dropped her purse on her foot !!!

Then she starts hopping about as Sue had just stood on her sore toe - this then led to the public baring of feet and Sue sticking a plaster on the toes, while the customers had to watch and wait!!! Chris said her husband is so heavy handed he was not getting near her feet.

Good job I had already received by tea and toasted bacon roll before this First Aid demonstration.

Weather was still fine, roads relatively quiet so it was a good run home,and via Moffat and Broughton as I did not have to return to Glasgow.

No comments: