Sunday 4 December 2011

Best laid plans of mice and men , etc

Sunday and it has been snowing, I awoke during the night, had a peek out the window and there was a mini blizzard outside - so in true form , back under the duvet and hid there till daybreak.

Even although we had a great day at the 49 Club, there were other "items of note" - Archie the pole dancer hit the ripe old age of forty , so now his wife has to cope with a rapidly maturing old feller - and not sure how they planned it , but baby Marley was one year old same day - well done. And we had Brian , father of Amy and Aarron also receiving birthday gifts.

Me - I lost yet another pair of expensive spectacles on the train home from Glasgow - that is now two pairs on the same train journey (different dates) - so from now on I will be going round the Charity shops looking for reading glasses !! sort of really, really annoying - that will teach me to buy decent glasses.
Yesterday, (Saturday) I had plans, but out the window they went - I was town and when I returned to the car it would not start - just clicked and ticked but no joy - so I had to call my helpful RAC mannie - took a while, although they did say I might have to wait three hours , but he was there in just over an hour - in the meantime I was getting colder and colder as bands of rain swept by and temperatures fell . Long story short - there was a broken wire under the car in the electrics - sadly he could not fix it so I was towed the ten miles home, in the dark, window open, raining, cold, and getting mesmerised with the flashing amber lights on the van.
All this happening meant that I missed the Installation at Lodge 720 Dalhousie, Bonnyrigg where Craig Gordon was taking the chair for the third year - sorry Craig, but I will be there on Tuesday night.

Now in the process of getting sorted to catch the train back to Bury later this afternoon for another session in the training room tomorrow.

No comments: