Saturday 10 December 2011

No two days the same

The old adage, "what a difference a day makes"- gales or if you read the paper the now defunct "Hurricane Bawbag" for which you can buy a T Shirt, then Friday - no wind, no rain, no snow - just a wee bit cold. Then this morning - yet more snow, and believe it or not these photos are not black and white, it was just that there was a slight freezing fog in the air - so this is the view from my front door.


As the day progressed, there was a real thaw and for those who had initially been concerned about the dangers of travel - poo hoo, nothing to worry about.

I keep thinking back to sitting in the sun at The Hilton Waterfalls, and today I had an E mail from someone who had read my TripAdvisor report - and fortunate folks are off there on Tuesday - have fun.


On an ever so different vein, for a number of years "we" have been moaning about the Eurozone and asking for a referendum, etc - so when Mr Cameron put his head on the chopping block yesterday and stuck in his big Veto - what did the weenjers do ? exactly that - started moaning and bleeting - but the financial markets liked it - I now suppose we can wait for the backlash from Europe and maybe even their latest applicant - Albania !! - yet another influx pending for the Benefits Office.


HOWEVER - I can cheer myself up watching Strictly Come Dancing - just amazing to see the transformation in these competing personalities - and give credit to the Professional dancers who have been mentoring them - curiously, a comment echoed by the judges after I had written my bit. Will have to wait and see whether the X-Factor can match it tonight.


No comments: