Monday 5 December 2011

Trains and trams again

Winter is finally with us, but hopefully we will not suffer as we did last year. Managed this quick snap of the Pentland Hills yesterday afternoon as I headed into the Waverly Station on the bus - and from what I have heard there is a fresh layer this morning.
I captured Mr Squirrilius fluffytailus the other day as he watched me doing the dishes !!! He appeared to be fit and well - I wonder what he would make of the new Panda Bears at Edinburgh Zoo !!! I saw them on the TV this morning and they look good - we even had some of their support team round at The Mercat Bar last night.





I eventually made it to Manchester, but the train was delayed en route due to "essential maintenance work" so because it crawled along at a slow speed for miles and miles we were about fifteen minutes late.

Managed to get a tram to Bury without much of a wait but it was jam packed all the way, with loads of young lads who looked like they had been at some kind of footballing event, either playing or spectating.


Into the Premier Inn, Bury, where after a quick wash I was in time to get a late dinner - just unfortunate that the steak was so tough I could not eat it - and for me that says a lot - otherwise the meal and wines were excellent.

I thought it was only the hotel which was affected by the rumblings as the trams pass by, but today in the basement training room I can feel this building vibrating also - I wonder what will happen when and if the trams start in Edinburgh and the same thing happens there - the hotels in Princess Street and Shandwick Place might be badly effected.


Hopefully home again this evening without any delays and back to some sense of normality tomorrow, although I do have another run down the M74/ M6 from Glasgow scheduled in for Wednesday - irrespective of the weather conditions, so hopefully it will be better than this morning when the A74 was cosed for three hours at Lesmahagow due to a jackknifed lorry.

No comments: