Wednesday 21 December 2011

Edinburgh Defensive Band No 151

Even I thought I was missing !!!! But no - been busy, busy, busy - and last night attended the

Festival of St John at the Edinburgh Defensive Band Lodge, No 151, where Bro. G. Tait was taking the Chair again for the second year.

This very historical Lodge, Instituted in 1782, is unique in so far that the Tyler (Bobby Wildgoose) wears a replica of the original uniform worn (complete with musket) by members of the Defensive band when it was formed to Defend the City from marauding pirates.


There was an excellent attendance, principal guest was Morris Wilson, MBE, Provincial Grand Superintendent of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Edinburgh.


Nice to see a few familiar faces, my host, Gordon Leitch ; "happy harry" Mr Mills, and my friend the big pole dancer and his father.


Good night had by all - however, having had a 4 a.m. rise it was not a day for me staying out all night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a fantastic readsee check my blogRead Full Report navigate hereyou could check here