Tuesday 13 December 2011

Who was a clever/ and no so clever cloggs ?

Tuesday morning already, missed out on Monday completely , just busy. BUT no snow yesterday and a mild 4 C most of the day. Spent the morning at the Dolphin Inn, Xmas decorations up and place looking cosy.
Home, zoomed around Penicuik and then managed to get the totty wee car down to the garage (Penicuik Motor Co.) where my friend Rab stuck it up in the air on a ramp (sensible) and fifteen minutes later it was purring like a kitten - no probs at all. However, I took it for a run to top up the battery, stopped for petrol and when I tried to start it - dead as a "do do" - so I left it and walked home for the other car and tools etc. Then - flash of inspiration, popped it into neutral and turned the key - voila - up and running again - Lesson One , an automatic will not start if it is in gear !!!!!!!!! Me , I had my exercise walking up and down the road.

Thought that was it, but I ended up in town, in the Tut Tut, with Sparky Mark, back at the Mercat Bar (which was busy with Xmas dinners) and we did our pretend plumbers bit - replacing the fancy, all singing, all dancing, infra red taps - so all the blokes who were in to use the Gents toilet got a lesson on the do's and dont's of fancy taps.
By the time I got home it was well past my bed time - but a successful day with a few good tasks completed.
Time now to see what today has to offer - apart from the forecast snow and high winds this afternoon.

No comments: