Saturday 8 November 2008

best laid plans

Have now managed to get 10 mis of space here in The mercat Bar, where the hoards have gone to Murryfield to see the match . at the moment New Zealand lead by 18 to 6, with Scotland missing a couple of chances. it was nice to see Chris Hoy, complete with gold medals and in a Scotland top place the ball for the kick off.

Anyway , we made it to the OSM meeting at Bonnyrigg where there was a bit of a flap on because I said I would be mising the installation in March next year, mine, as we are not home from Thailand, however Andy Mckeen has agreed to take the chair for a year which takes the pressure off everyone and will allow me to get away again in November if need be.
Meeting was good, and despite my usual reservations I managed to do my bits to everyones satisfaction. Some of the visitors will be in Birmingham with me on Wednesday for the next grades of the Scarlet Cord.

So, we left ( me and Sparky ) headed to Costco for extrea supplies for here and arrived around 3.30 p.m. - where we found it bulging at the seams - jam packed - with a good crowd getting all set for the game - the Arsenal Supporters Club members had left after their team had beaten Manchester United, so they were happy.
So at the moment there is a bit of a lull, still quite a few in , but the place will fill up again after the match , Mrs. B., Sparky and Iona ( from Townsville - Oz) are drinking wine , which let me escape.

Now I will head off home and try the lap top once again - if no joy , I will need to see what AOL are saying , but that will be later on Sunday I think, as i am in first thing in the morning and we have a booking for 57 breakfasts for the Manchester University Ski Club, which might be fun !!!!

No comments: