Monday 10 November 2008

Still struggling - a bit




Well I managed to get some more photos into the system, so that part of things is working - thought I would pop in a couple of group pictures of the groups at the Lodge Dalhousie Bonnyrigg 720 Annual Ball which I took on saturday night.
Have just spent an hour plus trying to get my wireless connection up and running , but despite the so called assistance given by the Netgear techies in India I am no further forward - so it will be back to the drawing board tomorrow. As it was, he could not understand me and I had problems understanding him.
Anyway, got stuck in one of the 392 sets of roadworks currently going on in Edinburgh at the moment, BUT , having said that it was not at Palmerston Place which is just about open for normal business - the traffic cones having disappeared over the weekend. The local paper, Edinburgh Evening News did a big feature last week about all the roadworks - which are now on just about all the major routs around the town, and seemingly whenever the utilities feel like it.

Heading in early this morning I was nearly knocked down by two cyclists in Morrison Street who were riding without lights, etc. It is no wonder that the Police are now beginning to respond to all the complaints by the public about these cyclists who are running riot around the town , no lights, riding on pavements, jumping lights, etc. they even have police on bicycles to try and stop them.

So I was in early again , this time just to try and help get the rubbish out after a very busy weekend, its a racket, though , as we have to pay for every bag that goes out - big competition from the outside contractors to get your business as the local Council are even more expensive.

It was wild and windy in the City and several of the tourists were commenting , but as long as it was not raining and they were well wrapped up, they were fine. A couple of New Zealanders, now living in Luxemburg said that the atmosphere at Murrayfield was superb on Saturday, and the opening with Chris Hoy, then the helicopter hovering over during the minutes silence for the Remembrance was really strange as they could hardly see the helicopter in the darkness above the stadium.

Eventually made it home and went for a swim to try and stretch out the kinks in my back which was giving me gyp - so , surprisingly I managed to do a full hour, non stop, which i thought was good - then ten minutes of steam, so the muscels have eased off . However, it took its toll and I dozed off at tea time, which was not normal for me.

So, fed and watered, time wasted on the computer , and I am now having a wee "Highland Park" to settle me while I wait for Spooks to come back on ITV 3.

Tuesday , going to have a day at home or thereabouts with lots to do.

No comments: