Wednesday 26 November 2008

There was a bit of a panic

So my day was not too bad, I slowly recovered from the antics of Monday, and got things organised for the evenings event - however as the day progressed i had a number of phone calls with chaps calling off for various reasons. Hopefully the Celtic game was not one of them as celtic were beaten and are now out of Europe their fans will not be amused.

So there I was with late call offs and heading to Bonnyrigg not knowing who was going to be there for me. As it was we ended up with only 26 present instead of the normal 40 + . Turned out to be a good job , Mrs. B. had made the sandwiches and they were all scoffed, possibly because they were very good, so if the usual crowd had appeared some would have faded away with starvation - part of a new diet.

The meeting went reasonably well, we did a R.A. Degree with our new candidate, new memers of the team and a few stand ins to help out - anyway , I have peace for several weeks as myext meeting is not till January.

Home, bed , even had a sleep but was up early again to go onto the pub. Opened up before Sir Christopher arrived and then headed off to Bookers for supplies.
When i got back , the street and bus lay by in front of the Bar was coned off and several "chappies" from Lightways were digging up the road and repairing potholes etc. NOW , this is the norm for this City, as it will only be a matter of weeks, if that before they come to dig up the whole street and sort out the services as part of the "tramworks" project. How often have wee seen this happen , resurface a road , then along come the gas / water, etc to dig it up.
Word from Glasgow, so it is a trip to Runcorn for me on Friday , and that is after a run up to Perth on Thursday night to see Kenny Jack at the OSM. So guess who will be ever so wabbit on Friday night / Saturday , and Mrs. B. is talking about going down to Mauchline on Saturday if I am up to it!!!
News about Bankok Airport and the coup in Thailand, certainly exciting for the touristss stuck there, they had better get themselves sorted before I head out there in february.
Talking of travel, the SIA have apparantly found my missing passport in their system !!!! which is certainly not efficient , but this is no consolation to me as I still have to apply for another / new one. But untill such time as my stuff arrives from the SIA I will not hold my breath.
BUT , at the moment I have come to see the boys at ICS in Corstorphine, a little haven of peace and civility , then home and I think we are off to the OES at Bonnyrigg tonight , which means that I miss my session with Cruella.

No comments: