Saturday 1 November 2008

The culprit , amongst other things.
















So Saturday, back to normal, bloody sleepless night, and up early again as RGB wanted me to go and help in the Mercat. It was like a convoy as we all left a few minutes apart for the town - but the roads were quiet and surprisingly , the sun was shining - it was a lovely morning.





So whats happening , well i forgot to commiserate with Anrew Murray who crashed out the French open tennis, big time, bit of a thrashing.

Young Mr. Lewis Hamilton has only qualified in 4th position for the Brazilian grand priz with Massa in pole position , so Hamilton has to get his finger out if he is wanting to get the title tomorrow.

Rangers ran riot at Ibrox with a 5 - 0 win over Inverness Caley Thistle, a hat trick fror Boyd, so much for him sitting on the bench for months.

Bit of reminiscence here, watching Strictly Come dancing on the BBC , they were playing Singing in the Rain, by Fred Astair, which reminded me of a visit to the cinema when I was very young , I went to the picture house in Fence Houses, County Durham ( while living with my granny), we gave them jam jars to get in and sat on rows of benches at tghe front which meant you had to crane your neck upwards - anyway I dozed off and fell off the bench.

So back to today, I had a bit of an investigation in the pub with regard to Jeff having his bum groped, so I asked for a show of hands in the kitchen and found a culprit !!!

Eduardo called in for a visit, and wants me to help him build a bed, Tam Findlay arrived with Katherine, went out in a hurry but had given her a surprise by booking her in for treatments at Imarnis over the road. As a group they are off with Chris, Ailsa and co to Centre Parks.
So as I left about 1.15 to head up to Currie for a RA installation i saw that the Tramworks people had moved the cones back and opened up palmerston Place to two lanes - wonder why !!!!! I stopped on the way to get a photo of one of my former homes at "St Lawrence" which I left in 1963 - then went and took the picture of Currie Kirk, which was my "local" for many years and holds lots of memories for me, ie. Sunday school ; final day of school service ; parents funerals and my sisters wedding.

Small gathering for the installation which was very well done and the 1st Principal was going into the chair for the 4th time. Left straight afterwards but with there being daylight I took a run up to East Kinleith Farm, where I lived for three years from 1954 to 1957 - during this time we were snowed in for a couple of weeks one bad winter with massive snow drifts blocking the roads, so we walked over the fields to school.

Home to get feet up - and have now got my taste back for red wine , I was beginning to panic - having lost my taste for the same.

Bloody farce, these so called questions you have to answer to win prizes on STV , " how many judge are there on the x-Factor", so it costs you a £1 to phone in.

Carolanne has sent in another picture of her gpups, this time - greyhounds . ------------------

No comments: