Friday 14 November 2008

Windy Friday and my meccano





when we got home on thursday night there was a card from the Post Office, saying that there was a Recoded delivery letter to be collected. Of course my mind ran riot during the night and there i was at 6 a.m. all set to go and retreive whatever was there, thinking it might even be the missing passport. As Sandra pointed out tonight , that holds lots of memories, plus valid Visa's for China and India, and date stamps for many sunny warm places.

So off I went , and it was nothing important so it went straight into the bin- bloody waste of time, money and paper. But then being out it was down to The Bush again where this time I was able to collect the stuff I should have got yesterday.




Back to the house, changed and collected Mrs. B. then off into the town again - the traffic was generally quiet but then I got kind of snarled up in the traffic which is being diverted all around the Mound area, again due to the dammed Tramworks - even spotted three men and a brush !!! not doing anything, just standing looking pretty.

Dropped Mrs. B. off so she could go see Archie at The Standing Order, ( turned out he was still in his bed - I think), but she had a good wander and went to see smelly Gillian at Frasers.

In the meantime , I was doing my Chinese meccano, building the frame of a big tent out the back of The Mercat, and working on the principle that you only read the instructions when all else fails !! I tried my best without them - but had to give in and cheat - so eventually, using string and duck tape I succeeded - hooray. I might get a bonus if it is still standing in the morning.

Andy @ Kitchen porter, Claire and Jamie all came out to help, but ( in house joke - Jamie did not have his kirby grips in - and he is off to Spain with Eduardo on Monday, just hope he does not give Edu's ma a heart attack)

Back in the bar they were run off their feet and I ended up looking after a group of nine South African rugby supporters who had just arrived in Edinburgh off a long flight via London. They were tired but in good fettle and most settled for the haddock which I had just caught in the Water of Leith !!! and the home made, fantastic , Mercat burgers. From their parting comments we will no doubt have the pleasure of their company over the next three days before they head to London.

Claire / or was it Jamie made me a very nice steak, to keep my strength up, and then we headed noff , via Costco for a few bits and bobs.

Mrs. B. wanted to go see Irish Christine on the way so we popped in to find her in a state of dissaray - head in a shower cap, goonie on, slippers, etc and not quite in her usual elegant mode - even more upset when I caught her on camera - spot Casper in the distance.

Home and back on the computer to compose a wee letter to my MP david Hamilton - just getting a bit annoyed about the current treatment we are getting from the City of Edinburgh Social Work Department .

Had an E mail from Carolanne who said that two of her greyhounds, Swift Stuart and Swift Denn both won yesterday !! hope she had a good double on them.

Mrs Johnstone in London was on the phone, along with her "Willie", not quite under the influence - but certainly cheery. A bit like me.

Never said the other day, but Mrs. B. parked the car in Morrison Street car park, forgot to lock the car and some bounder opened the motor and took the parking ticket off the windscreen - fortunately she did not get a ticket from the NCP boys.
So, its up sharp again, off to Bookers, then collect the Sunday roast and bangers, and back to the Mercat for an invasion of rugby supporters all set for the Scotland - v - Springboks game.

No comments: