Tuesday 4 November 2008

Panic in the ranks - and more


Monday ended up being fairly quiet - made it home, had a swim and then spent the evening trying to do some paperwork.
Had a note from Carolanne and dennis who have already booked up for the Blue bay Villas in May 2009 - so I thought a wee glimpse of the swim up bar might give them something to look forward to.

Today ( Tuesday) was up sharp again , this time to head for the hospital for my regular chat with the neurologist - who was happy enough to let me carry on as normal in the meantime - no changes to my medication in the meantime , or till I hear how my next visits go - tomorrow being the hot on the heels, with a liver and kidney scan.
Headed off via Bonnyrigg to see Grant @ photogenix for a quick chat and then off to The Mercat via Booker Cash and Carry. Bought a few goodies for the pub and eventually made it there for 11.30 a.m where as usual RGB had a few more jobs for me, however we had three big deliveries at the same time so it was abit hectic.

The two draymen (delivering beer) were telling me about the time they thought they would get on with a delivery before a publican arrived, so they forced open a hatch to a celler and went in , but set off the alarm. They then ran off and sat in their lorry reading the paper and when the Police arrived they denied all knowledge !!!

Planning ahead to next week when I am flying down to Birmingham , and might need my passport, I phoned up the SIA to see where my passport and application forms were in the sytem - big surprise - they apparantly had not received my stuff , so it is NOW LOST IN THE POST. So I have spent the evening contacting the Lothian and Borders Police: Royal Mail; and UK Passport and Identity Agency. In the process I made a mistake by calling one web site which I thought was the proper Passport Agency but it turned out to be an advice set up, charging £1.50 p a minute - bloody criminal and a swizz.

I also got back onto the SIA as during a good read of their paperwork they were asking for lots of personal information which if lost and in the wrong hands could cause problems - just as it may be for me.
BMI Baby will let me on board provided I have alternative ID, but obviously will need a new passport before I go abroad again, serious nuisance value.
Now have a few things to get on with.

No comments: