Tuesday 11 November 2008

Long lie for what

So, I managed an extra hour in bed, but, it ended up that I was just trying to do my jobs in less time.
RGB also had a long lie, but with no car at the door I then had to run him into town to be their for one of his meetings, however I popped into The Bush on the way home to see Arlene and then met one of the engineers who offered to try and fix the broken parts of the frame for the tent Graham needs for the weekend - which saved me some time messing about.

On the way home I was again curious about the major works and pipework at the A702 at Mauricewood, so I called the Planning folks at Midlothian Council and it turns out to be a big project run by Scottish Water, with a filtration plant, pumping station and the start of a 6.5 km dual water pipeline into Edinburgh. Quite an impressive job to get new water into the City from Talla Reservoir which currently runs into Glencorse Reservoir and then onwards to the town.

Did a couple of DIY jobs in the house, electrical and then bled out the central heating which has been burbling and banging. But as usual there are always more things needing done.

Headed to the swimming pool for a shorter session this afternoon , took it steady and a had a blether to a couple of folks I knew, Sabrena - the young physio who occasionally has to straighten up my back, and one of RGB's former P.E. teachers who is still soldiering on, this time with a swimming class, many who were not even interested, plus the eight or so who were sitting on the sidelines not even ready to get in the water.
Ended up, after a while being the only person left in the pool which is very nicee, no one to bump into.
Off to the shops and then home for tea, just to fall asleep again - this fresh air and exercise is getting a bit much.
Never mind I will be up and running in the morning - long day ahead but it could be interesting.

No comments: