Wednesday 19 November 2008

No lucky numbers - all the 77777777777's

Tuesday , having done my chores about the house I headed to Bonnnyrigg to see Mr Photogenix, I have no idea how he does it , computers, cameras, videes, printers, all this technology which works - and look at me - hopeless. So we had a chat while i watched him working , then I headed off East , stooping at Whitecraig to see my mechanic friend, Frank, then it was onto the A 1 and off to Dunbar. the new stretch of dual carriageway is so good I was there by 5.20 p.m with lots of time on my hands. Dunbar , home of John Muir, and they have named a very big country park after him. But it was to the Chippy I eventaully went , for a fish tea and read at the paper to pass time.
I eventually found the Masonic Lodge, hidden well out the way , and it is a lovely building , with a very nice Temple, plus a good function hall and lounge whci is used by the community on a daily basis.
The meeting was excellent, their first candidate in four years, and to mark the occasion they had a good turnout of visitors from all over the Province. The candidatye , although local, lives in Colchester and had come up for the Degree.

The Lodge celebrates its 250th Anniversary this weekend , with a redidication ceremony and dinner on Saturday and a church service on Sunday in tghe local parish church . There is an unfortunate clash with a couple of other events so loyalties will need to divided.

I managed to get away sharp as i had no need for food at such a late hour, so it was homewards, stopped off for petrol at Hillend where I bought my ulucky 777777's scratch card, and that bis what it was.
This must have been praying on my mind as I woke up at 3.33 - then 4.44 and just to break the sequence 5.57 .

Bit of a long lie and not so sore today , but Sabrena will put paid to that this afternoon when I go back for another bruising session. But a swim and some heat this morning has been good.

We are off to the ball tonight in the Assembly Rooms , George Street, so god knows what state we will be in tomorrow.
The Robert Burns Medallion in the photo is one of the limited edition ones which have been produced for his 250th Anniversary in Janaury 2009, and came with a lovely matching lapel badge.

No comments: