Friday 31 October 2008

Did they Jump, or were they pushed ?




Well, Russel Brand has packed in as a result of his obscene calls on the show with Jonathon Ross, however, Ross has been suspended without pay for twelve weeks, - but look at the contract he has !!! he is worth millions - and so what , he has pulled out as presenter of the Comedy Awards, he is not even a comedien.
So, today I thought it was another morning in the house, but fat chance, young RGB. was on the phone at 8.30 a.m. wanting a couple of jobs done in Edinburgh , so off we went, Mrs. B. to go for a "walk about" and me down to Scott Cuppola's for more electrical items.
The town is a nightmare, got myself into George Street but it is now closed off , as is part of the Mound, it is better just to stay away , OR TAKE THE BUS.
While down at Leith I popped into the HBOS branch at the Kirkgate to collect a set of keys which had been found and handed in ages ago - what a carry on trying to prove who I was , or whether the keys were mine, I had no idea that the keys had been lost - anyway , it turned out that they were keys for the Sportsmans, so I can only think that the Upside down man , Robbie had dropped them near his house, just off Leith walk, but that must have been in February !!!
Presently watching the Tv and have just seen my pal, Norma Graham, Chief Constable of Fife doing a bit about the three year old boy who dialled 999 for help when his mother collapsed having taken a fit. The wee lad was amazing when you hear the tapes of his call.
This morning I had a letter from Mr. McNair, in Mauchline, Ayrshire, father of Carolanne, who having heard about my current interest in Robert Burns, the poet, has sent me two sets of message cards, depicting scenes relating to Robert Burns and of places he lived or visited. They were drawn by his neighbour Mrs Elizabeth McCartney, 85 Beechwood Road, Mauchline, - that was nice of him.
Mrs. B. had her usual visit into The Standing Order to see Archie (big pole dancer) also Archie Senior, and young Mr. Monk, a wee daunder along Princes Street and into Frasers to see the "smelly" girls, she even managed to buy her own birthday present to save me the trouble for Sunday, saved me a trip to "Pound Mania" !!!
In the meantime , Jeff was helping in the kitchen at The Mercat, and as you can see was the subject of some "hanky panky" , possibly by either Jamie or Claire who deny all knowledge!!!!!!
The pub was busy , so I ended up trying to help for a while - then it was off to my favourite shop, Matalan - but it was so busy I went and had a snooze while Mrs. B. was shopping. Made it home where we were visited by Sparky Mark complete with birthday gift - just trying to show me up.


Not sure what to get up to now !!!


No comments: