Wednesday 1 October 2008

I feel a blog coming on

P.M. and I am ever so ready for my bed, with a very early rise at 4 a.m. to get off to Runcorn.

Never bothered going back to bed this morning just got on with my outstanding jobs, then down to the dentist. it was to see the hygienist who had a new jet cleaners for my teeth, which I did not like at all, made me gag a lot and feel a bit rough.
Just as I was leaving the gas man called to say he was at the house to fix the washing machine - no bother at all, just needed a new set of brushes on the motor and off it went - nice clean clothes again. said he had a pal who was like Mark always making mistakes, etc called YaHashieBastard.

Did away for ages catching up, then Danny arrived to pick up his bicycle, at his age he certainly needs stabilisers !!! and wants me to go cycling with him when I get back from my holiday - just imagine , two old guys on bikes, stabilisers, and bottles of red wine on the handle bars- we will probably need to be rescued if we go off road.
He was telling me about an aunt who died recently, and having sorted out all the paperwork, the only people causing him a problem were the TV licence folks - who, despite having been told, by phone, letter, and having the relative documents to say that the aunt has died are now threatening to prosecute her !!! perhaps an exhumation is pending which adds a new dimension to the " Silent witness".

Mrs B, was saying that a number of folks had passed comment about how idle the men were on the Tramworks, a group of five "workers" had been seen standing idle gazing into a hole - the comment made was that five women could have done the same job for less money !!!

The workies are just ripping the sh-- out of the system and the main contractors Carrillion have no control over them. In all probability there will be teams out on x-mas day , just for the overtime.

Was down at the council yard putting cardboard in for recycling - but on that theme, I heard that for several months Midlothian Council were apparantly collecting paper etc for recycling but as they had no facilities for processing , the stuff was just put into a landfill - however they now have the set up all organised and are doing what they are supposed to do.

Tried to contact big Simon by text today - but no response, so not sure where he is now.

Watching Raymond Blanc destroying would be restaurateurs on the TV - some of them are a joke - one bloke spelt the fruit, pears on his menu "pairs" !!!! From what I have seen I think that Claire and Jamie would do well. Jamie with his steaks and Claire with some totally fantastic sweets. I am just being told that there is a singles dinner in The Mercat Bar on Saturday night, which should be interesting.

No comments: