Tuesday 21 October 2008

Only the swimming pool got cold





















I have stopped working for a wee while to do this blog , and not just because Carolanne sent a message wanting to know where it is !!

I managed to do my report on the Blue bay Villas, Dorada, for trip Advisor last night , so if anyone is intersted !!!
Todays photos, are from the holidays except one ( which one I wonder) . The maids made up the towels in the shapes of swans , and all around the complex you could see swans perched on railings and sitting on balconies where the guests had plonked them , supposedly out roosting . The log had been washed up on the beach after one of the stormy night, it was ever so big and heavy , and with my artistic cap on i thought it looked good, maybe not . The beds in the sunrise, these were the four posters on the beach in the "VIP area " , the young lady in Reception was one of the Customer Services ladies, a pal of Doralize who were all pleasant and helpful, and the odd one out was the moon in the clouds which I took here at rosewell one night ages ago.

Anyway , it was reasonably bright and sunny for most of the day , with a cold wind though, so it was not quite T shirt and shorts weather. BUT the rain started about 4 p.m. and it is now chucking it down. When it rained for the longer period while we were away the only difference it made was that the swimming pool got a lot colder, but that would eventually warm up again over a couple of days .

Today I ventured out , after a bit of a lie in still suffering from "Jet lag" and also in the process of detoxing !! because there are only a few silly folks who go to "All Inclusive " resorts and do not drink - I think - if I can remember rightly through the haze , a Welsh chappie tried to tell me he was a sobersides, and wee Carolanne tended to drink lots of water with the very occasional glass of the harder stuff.

So off I went , happy as a lark looking for work !! found a couple of abandoned cars at The bush , so had to report them to the Council man who will put notices on them and all being well get them moved for us.

Down to Bonnyrigg to see Grant @ Photogenix, a very busy boy these days. He was telling me about his friend, aged 41 yrs, who went to intervene in a disturbance while we were away , was then set about by one of the girls who had been fighting and two chaps who appeared, got a bit of a bashing, and having reached home he collapsed and died of heart failure. He had unudergone a heart transplant a couple of years ago, and the trauma of this event was too much - as his wife later told their young son "daddies new heart broke".
The feuding family involved have since been evicted and rehoused for their own safety's sake as the lads friends and neighbours are out for retribution, in the meantime the Procurator Fiscal, is doing all he can to get appropriate charges brought against the perpertrators.

Managed to get all my holiday pictures put onto disc so now they are saved for posterity and it will stop me having multiple copies of the pictures on the computer which is a pain to keep deleting .
Off to town to deliver some letters, and then homewards via Comet to replace my card reader which went on the blink after the second use - but the new one is working because I have tested it . Had a look in both Comet and Costco for one of these new "Netbooks" which might be better for me to cart around than my lap top which is a bit big and heavy , but I wanted it that way.

Arrived home to find Mrs b. still choked with the cold and coughing fit to burst entertaining her pal, Irish Cristine, so that kept them out of mishief and let me back to work. So I have spent the last three hours looking at options for flights up and down from Glasgow and Edinburgh to either Cardiff or Bristol, and car hires in Wales as I may get some regular work in Newport soon and it is too long to drive up and down in one day -sensibly that is.

No comments: