Wednesday 22 October 2008

A good days work

Wednesday , sun shining , nice day but a bit bit chilly - so much for the weather report.

Once again , sleepless night with the most excruciating ( bloody sore) bout of cramp in one leg . You know how you have a dream and you wake up in the middle of the dream and something relavent is happening , I thought I was being stabbed in the leg in the dream , and it was the cramps, otherwise when you think you are swimming and wake up to find you ahve wet the bed !!!
SO I had a sore leg most of the day as a reminder, but work come first so foff I wne to see the folks in the wee college in town I help out, a surprise when I walked in as one of the turors who worked in the London Campus was busy teaching and is now basewd up here. Shezad managed to do a lot of photocopying for me while I worked away on their fire manaul, ans we even managed a fire evacuation to keep the students on their toes.

Popped into P.C. World to have a look at new toys, phoned AOL and managed to get their Call Centre in India (twice) with no suitable response to my enquiry. So i then headed for the Carphone Warehouse at Corstorphine where the lads were great and did their best to help me , but again to no avail - but while there bumped into an ex member of my search team , still a Community Police Officer in Edinburgh, due to retire in three weeks but who is stayiong on in his present role under a new 50+ scheme, nice to see him.

Headed for the Mercat to see how many still recognised me after three weeks away !!! They did, and I even had a rollicking from Jamie and Claire who were not happy with one of my comments about their steaks and sweets - so to keep the peace, they are both wonderfull chefs.

Home to the hills where I discovered that Mrs. B. had taken herself off to the local swimming baths which are only 200 yds away and we have never been there since they opened - she says they are great and insists that I must go and carry on what i started in Dominica, anyway , I just went for a walk instead while the weather was good and not because her pal was in !!!

So, getting nowhere fast this evening with some of my other work, too much talking on the phone, and handing out invited to the Annual SESLTA Ball on 19th Novemeber in the Assembly Rooms.

So going to get on again , and am up early and away to Glasgow for 6 a.m. in the morning and off to Runcorn once again. Perhaps my friend Jill is back from Las Vegas and her golfing (not gambling) trip.

No comments: