Friday 24 October 2008

back in the land of.................


I must have been totally out of it last night , and apparantly slept from about 11 p.m. right through , which is unusual for me , so hopefully i have got over both the jet lag and the long drive,

Had a long e mail from Carolanne , so if there are any greyhound fans reading , watch out for dogs whose names start "Swift" . i.e. swift pat , swift stuart, etc, they have all come from her kennels as she names the pups at birth.

Lots of jobs to do today for myself, the Mercat and for my reinstallation doo on Tuesday night, so it was off to Costco ; Sainsburys; Homebase; Thomson Sport and Booker Cash and Carry before getting into the Haymarket.
Nice to see the happy smiling faces in the pub !!! Claire, Jamie, Neeve; Lorraine, Jeff and a couple of the lads, not that they ahd missed me any. RGB , Jo Jo, and others were heading out to Glasgow for some function.

Outside it was chucking it down but on my way back from the car park I had a chance to see how my favourite team of workmen were doing - ???????? NOT a soul in sight, no sign of any work having been done, but still the main junction was all coned off, causing long traffic queues. I watched it all for a while and even an eejit could see that by moving a few cones to one side while there was no one there would have helped allieviate matters. But that is probably too simple and in any case it would benefit the poor long suffering citizens and motorists of Edinburgh which is obviously not part of the plan. I am sure the local heath board are coping with the likes of me who go apoplectic at these things.
Anyway - need to go .

No comments: