Tuesday 28 October 2008

Just a bit busy

Sort of chasing my tail at the monment , Monday I was supposed to get a long lie - fat chance - so I was up at the crack of dawn again and into the pub by 7 10 a.m. , this time to do my handyman thingy. Fitting draught excluders, etc, round the front doors to help keep our clients cosy. Come 9 a.m. I headed off ( using my bus pass) to the ICS at Corstorphine to do some work for them - bity chaotic as they have an inspection today and lots of last minute things needing done.
Was losing the plot as two of the lads had a list of things needed at Staples and B & Q ; put their coats on at 9.30 a.m. and they were still wandering about at 12.30 having not left the building - if I had hair it would have been pulled out.
In between I had called on a friend with his van to move a full pallet of good books and TV monitors which were cluttering up the place - however, it was a classic case of many hands make light work, as all the students helped move the stuff to the van and it was all gone in 15 minutes.

Back on the big bus and into The Mercat Bar again where the bold boys had more jobs for me so drill in hand, smke and dust - jobs were done before I headed out to Penicuik. I noted on the way that there was not a single person working on the Tramworks job at Palmerston Place, and it has been like that for five days, with the traffic cones in place and still chaotic - my earlier bus driver was spitting blood about the hold ups - but there is nothing he could do.

Mrs B. and self headed for the swimming pool - big mistake - lots of tiny tots in for a swimming class - like wee creepy crawlies , you were tripping over them in the changing rooms - however, a short swim , sat in the steam and tried to ease off my back which was cackled a bit .

Home, and loaded the car and off again down to Bonnyrigg to set up the Lodge for tonights Installation dinner, that took about two and a half hours, so by the time I got back Spooks was on the Tv , it was so good we sat and watched tonights episode on BBC 3 as we will be out at the Installation and Dinner at RA 500 Laird o Cockpen.

Lots to do today.

No comments: