Friday 24 October 2008

Like a fish in water

Following on to the last entry I eventually wrote to the Edinburgh Tramworks people, who have acknowledged my message - looks like they are fed up with me already. However, with the kind of money they are screwing out the Council they might be polite enough to humour me.

Homewards and for once, our little Eco system in Penicuik was totally opposite to Edinburgh where it was raining cats and dogs, so bad that I thought they might need a lifeboat in the car park. But we had bright autumn sunlight in Penicuik !! most unusual, and then I thought I might go for a swim , having done so well on holiday. Now, I live only live 200 yards from a lovely modern sports complex and have never been in , other then to the library which is part of it. BUt off I went with my "Speedos", towel , shampoo and bus pass - because I get to swim for free being. It was good, the water was pleasantly warm , pool quiet allowing for peace to swim full lengths without "weeing weans" in the way - followed by a bit relaxation in the steam room, VG. Came home clean and shiny and feeling good.
Mrs. B . went down later to the evening session, which was also quiet.

So, I have spent the evening pottering on the computer, watching TV , now Blood in the Wire - a murder plot which always has a twist in the tail.
Anyway , enough gossip, up early to open the pub, home to change, and back for the comedy club dinner in the evening.

No comments: