Thursday 21 February 2008

Car park chaos

after my early risde, I eventally managed to get a wee bit extra sleep and woke up all the better for it.
Headed into town and dropped off Ann who was going to the hairdressers and I went off to see Robbie at Musselburgh, stopping at Bookers en route.

Despite the fact this is his 2nd last working day the good lad was beavering away and more than happy to help me out with the tedious jobs - he is worth his weight in gold and I for one will certainly miss him.

Headed back to town and went into the multi story car park at John Lewis where things were more than chaotic. The exit barriers had broken and there were massive queues trying to get out, who in turn were blocking the route inside. A valient young learner was trying to get his car out of a space and after many attempts did so. On the other hand when coming out a silly women was causing mayhem with her antics, she just had no idea at all, nearly caused another lady to scrape the side of car on a very tight exit ramp - blocked all incoming cars and if I had not spoken to her I would have thought she was drunk. A trying time for several folks who were probably delighted to get out in one piece.

Ann went to see Gillian and the girls in the cosmetics dept at Frasers store, who were pleased to see her back on her feet again, as was her hairdresser. She then walked the length of Princes Street as the traffic was just crawling - with the end result that when she eventually met me she was not worth tuppence. I on the other hand was doing fine, testing the fancy recliner chairs in the furnishing department and reading my book!!

As we headed home the winds were getting and at one part of the route in the city the buildings formed a wind tunnel and you could see cars rocking in the gale, pedestrians really struggling and litter bins and rubbish being hurled along the street.

Anyway, made it home safe and sound, have parked the good lady and once again I am off on my masonic wanderings.

No comments: