Monday 25 February 2008

What a day ! Understatement!!!


Everything was preplanned and straight forward - or so I thought when i got up and left the house for Musselburgh. popped into see Grant at Photogenix who was already run off his feet at 9 a.m. (good sign) - down to Musselburgh for a quick pick up and do the staff hours - but where were the staff ? Waited for ages, in the meantime Chick was having a senior moment with Harry the Hoover - not a pretty sight.
No response to phone calls so panic was setting in as I had an important meeting in Edinburgh. Graham was M.I.A. and as usual his fancy phone was out of power, so poor Samantha was in charge at The Mercat with water dripping though one of the ceilings. Back at Musselburgh, spot of good fortune whilst pursuing Micky along the street met Karen who used her logic to get me a helper for an hour and a half until Kerrin arrived. Brian (owner of Glen the dog) arrived and even he volunteered to help. Spoke with Kerrin who I think was hiding under a desk in the college to take the call but she was happy enough to come to work. When I called her later she had been held up by a Police car who would go no faster than 30 mph, which was a bit inconsiderate of them - obviously nothing important to do.
I heard that the owner of the pub where one of our girls had been served a spiked drink with her ending up in hospital had been making his mouth go !! Looks like he will need a talking to .
So I eventually got back to Penicuik and picked up Ann to go to this meeting. On the way I pointed out the above Highland cattle, who have been there for years, but Ann- being used to driving blinkered and seeing nothing further than the pavement at either side of the road thought they were new to the field.
Made out meeting at 1 p.m., then headed home to fill in forms which I had to take back to town again, by this time getting ratty in the traffic and still with lots to do - so now, glass of wine in hand I am off to get on again (bit of double dutch).
Busy day again Tuesday with an early start at the pub, toilet to fix, then home to get organised for a long meeting at the RA no 500 - so I had better get my homework done.

No comments: