Wednesday 27 February 2008

Wednesday - a day of extreme emotions

Up early and on the road sharp heading to Musselburgh when I came across an accident at Fallhills X roads, Police had just arrived and the driver had done a beauty, straight across the junction though the wall and nose dived into the field. BUT no camera with me to get the pics, so bloody annoyed.

Got to the pub, Chick in full swing with disabled Henry the Hoover and me then off into my cellar to clean the lines and sort out the beer.

Not long after opening Brian (on holiday) appeared with Glen - serious apologies as I had forgotton to mention his birthday yesterday, he says he is 44, I reackon he is nearer 50 but having showen me his driving licence he has to maybe telling the truth.
But then they appeared, clients from hell, (the gates having been left open somewhere) - no disrespect, but this was heavy going - with the oddest comments, questions, statements - you name it coming from nowhere but an empty head - I was on the verge of needing sedated !!! Ultimately, after a number of drinks I called a halt and suggested they leave and go elswhere.

The day progressed, slowly, however, Rob , Brian and Scott left to look up the blog.

Had to work on as Elaine was coming in after her own work so it was nearly 6 p.m. before I left and I knew that Robbie and Caitlin were en route to the house for dinner.

Heading home I passed the scene of the accident so if I remember to take the camera I will get pics in the morning.

Robbie and Caitlin arrrived at the house, same time as me, both knackered after their trip north which had been quite an adventure. Robbie and Cookie had excelled themselves with a drunken escapade at the hostel in Skye, Caitlin had had to do first aid on a Chinese lady who broke her arm, the weather was rubbish, BUT being intrepid antipodeans and not knowing any better they enjoyed it. Being truthful they have seen much more of Scotland than about 99% of Scots have seen.

We had dinner, looked at photos, chatted, and when Tam Finlay arrived had to say our fond farewells - as they say," parting is such sweet sorrow". I can only say that we will miss them immensley, they have had a tremendous effect on our lives, and hopefully one day we will be able to meet up again.
I have to say that Graham was absent as he was in the Chair and Presiding over a licensed trade function at Roslin, but as he is a bit of a softie he would have found it a bit upsetting.

Fortunately for Rob and Caitlin, Tam, Catherine, Chris, Ailsa, and Cookie are going to London with them on the train tomorrow and will see them off on their final flight home at the weekend. Bon Voyage.

No comments: