Thursday 14 February 2008

Trying hard

Bit of a pantomine, have been trying to set up a new scanner which is playing silly buggers and doing my head in. All I want to do is press a button and copy what I have on the scanner - but is that too simple these days.

Anyway, made it to Dalkeith last night, good evening but long, and as i left phone went with Graham wanting a lift home. That was fine apart from the thick fog .

Eventually got home and he went mental when he saw hiw clean his room was and also the fact that his bed had been moved. He apparantly likes it against the wall , that way he does not have to think about what side he is going to get in !! and there is only one side to fall out of!!

Had a bad night with leg cramps and was knackered this morning, but still made it into town for 10 a.m., then home to collect Ann and off to Costco where I bought some more electrical "toys" for me to play with. My "Dyson" died yesterday so I have had to call out an engineer - I really did think those things had a lifetime guarantee.

Robbie was working well today, he had to clean up the pub as Chick is not well, and he and Caitlin have enough to do to get the flat ready for vacating on Friday. Not sure yet how we will cope when they leave - no question at all that they will be much missed.
My biggest concern is that they will fall in to bad company when the get back to Oz and meet up with some of the decendents of those we shipped out many years ago - i.e. his Dad

I see we had another young footpall player (aged 29) die on Tuesday night, I saw the Police and ambulances on the all weather pitch at Penicuik when I came home, and on Wednesday, Donald the Coca Cola rep came into the pub and was talking about it - as the lad was his nephew. He was generally very fit but had been complaining of flu type symptoms.

I have been despatched to the attick to work up here as Ann has two friends in for dinner - at least she is feeling brighter tonight than she has been all day.

Big Karen was on the phone, improving, but slowly so we wish her well.

Sandra was on the phone, as was the UNISON man and her new boss - so that's good news.

No comments: