Sunday 1 March 2009

40 yrs ago for William and Sandra - well done











Sunday 1st march.

Big disappointment today – woke up at 2.20 a.m. feeling terrible and headed for the loo, whole body racked with aches and pains from freet to the top of my head. And so it went for the rest of the night – with me feeling a bad I was when I came back from India fourteen months ago – just a massive backward step.

End result – there was no way I was ever going to be able to get on a bus and do a days sightseeing , so at 7.30 a.m. it was back to bed and there I remained till the maids asked me to get up at 2.30 to sort the room . Much as I had wished Mrs. B. go with the others she remained at the hotel and lay by the pool wakening me up every so often. I told our guide Peter and he gave me a couple of the local tablets and made me swallow them in his presence – probably to make sure I was not kidding.

In the meantime the group had a marvellous day out, probably the best of the trip with the highlight being a visit to an elephant sanctuary. The place was pristine, the animals very well cared for and happy to see visitors and show off their skills. Hey can play musical instruments, football, do painting – which is done there and then, and actually very good. Everyone then had an hours trip around the reserve on the back of the Elephant which was over literally a 4 + 4 course. William learned a new word today, for an owl - “no coo”. But not for a butterfly.

Sandra and William have a DVD of their days excursion which also included a trip to a lotus flower nursery, jade and silk factories. So it was a memorable day for them on their 40th Wedding Anniversary, with texts and calls from Donna and the family

On their return to the hotel it was farewell to the guide, driver and bus boy who were heading off on a long overnight trip back to Bangkok.

Up until a few moments ago I had not even heard the results for the Six Nations matches yesterday, well done Scotland, and as for England – punished badly for indiscipline.

No comments: