Friday 20 March 2009

Twas a long day

2.a.m. and Mrs. B. came looking for me - but fortunately I was not sitting asleep in the chair, although I may have been a few minutes earlier !!! So as far as I am concerned if she was in an old folks home she would be in a locked ward to stop her wandering !! and annoying me.

Slightly different story at 6.30 a.m. when I had to get up and head off in a light mist to open up The Mercat Bar. But at least we had not heared the patter of tiny feet during the night.
Quiet start to the morning but it got very busy over lunch time - now normal for a Friday, but it was to get even busier later with a mass of bookings for the evening session.

Managed to pop along early to the Turkish hairdressers to get my ears set on fire and had a real communications problem trying to explain to him who "Wurzel Gummage " was - as that is how I looked first thing this morning.

Headed home in bright sunshine and frightened the neighbours by reappearing in shorts and a vest to clean some alloys and then made a start on the "steed of steel" while the sun was shining.

Had some bad news via Bert Waite , who had heard that Jim Lawrence, former publican of The Cobble Bar, Musselburgh, had died suddenly , aged 69 yrs - Jim was our 3rd Soj of No 500 RA and was looking forward to progressing through the offices. Sadly his brother Alex is now in a hospital suffering from Alzeimers.

Also had an interesting call from a gent in Paris who might have some work for me - but that will certainly be a wait and see.

Turned very chilly this evening so when I headed for the Penicuik Bowling Club to pay my fees and register for this years competitions my ears were "fair dingling" - hopefully I will manage a few more games this year - last year it was only three nights.

Busy day, Saturday with the Installation of Ina Fraser as First Principal of the Supreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Scotland, then off to do an evening shift in The Mercat.

I see that Andy Murray is now in the quarter finals of the Indian Wells and has his work cut out against Roger Federar - good luck to him.

Quite a carry on with George Galloway, MP, being refused an entry visa into Canada on the grounds that he supports terrorists groups. Bit strange as he was there within the last 12 months . he has always been a controversial character, even doing the Big Brother thing, and his involvement with Gadaffi and Lybia in the past., he certainly will not sit back and go down without a fight.

No comments: