Saturday 14 March 2009

So much for planning.







What a day it turned out to be.

Jumped on a bus to Bonnyrigg where there was a good turn out for the OSM, with the installation of Andrew S McKeen into the Chair in my place - not to worry he will keep it warm for me till next March .

Bit of a panic as one of the older members took ill during the meeting and had to be taken out - but he got over it and was more or less back to rights by the time we finished.

Had to rush as I was supposed to be working so I got a 31 bus all the way to The Mercat - great , at the same time , Andy Mc was heading westwards to Polmont to chair a meeting of the Squaremen and put several candidates through their paces. I am sure some of them are from Crieff.

Big surprise for me - arrived at The Mercat, (jam packed) and was told that I was going to the game with Graham Allan Snr., and had to meet him at the distillery at Wheatfield Road - so I toodled along there and managed a couple of G & T's before the speeches. I did have the chance to take in a brace of Grouse, a McCallan , or even a Highland Park, but system was in need of some tonic.
Got a bit muddled up, seeing people out of context - had convinced myself that one of the men standing near me was a well known rugby player, good physique, happy , surrounded by folks, but I just could not name him , so eventually I asked and discovered it was Michael, the manager of our Bookers Depot at Longstone - silly me.

Walked round to Murrayfield where we had seats in the south stand behind the goals, opening was good , but the fly pass aircraft missed the stadium - we heard them but could not see them. If you look carefully you will see the ball between the posts for one of Scotland' penalties, courtesy of Chris Paterson.

Game was not all that clever - in fact Mr. A. managed to doze off - cosy as toast between me and another bloke - hat on head, much to the amusement of some of the other spectators. Obviously Ireland managed to win the match so hopefully they will pick up the triple crown later on.
So we eventually left early to miss the crowd and had a quickie in the Roseburn Bar before I had a slow wander back to the Mercat Bar - which was busy , even during the game. Then all hell let loose and we were jam packed to the extent that it was two out , two in ,etc -and the ladies loo always had a queue out the door. Staff have to be praised because they were hammered all day , ran out of food, etc.
Wee surprise later when Archie the pole dancer, his wonderful wife Tracy and pal Gordon the Chortle arrived. Tracy had managed to get her folks to baby sit for wee Austin adn Camryn, well done and thanks - as she does not get out all that much But when she does - she goes in style). The big pole dancer was reminding me of Tuesday nights meeting of 151 - so depending of how long it takes me to get to and from Runcorn and how tired I am!!!

Sir Christopher and Lady Ailsa @ Miss talk a Lot , plus family are off to sunny Spain at 7 a.m., so hopefully they make the flight and enjoy themselves in Feungerola.

Off to bed, up early to work - so whats new.

No comments: