Monday 23 March 2009

A mish mash of comments.



I apparantly fell asleeep last night just as the Andy Murray - Nadal match started at Indian Wells, the red wine had nothing to do with that. But then I woke up at 3 a.m., very restless and eventually got up at 4 a.m. - popped on the TV to discover that young Mr. Murray had been well and truly thrashed by Nadal - he was, however very well spoken in his after match comments.

Back to bed and awoke having had dreams about both George and Norrie Summors, who have been dead for a number of years - very strange.

Had a visit early on from the ratcatcher ( G M Pest Control) so we will see if we can stop the nocturnal tap dancing in the attick.

Headed for the town this morning - fist stop being Costco, where we had to contend with the regular torn face disaster who dishes out the free coffee's and teas as you go - she is so miserable I presume the intention is to put people off - but perhaps she should be moved.

Had an interesting session watching a skilled lady decorating birthday cakes, she was very good, making roses out of icing and did a lovely job with the cake, as you can see.

Next stop was Bookers Cash & Carry to get the items which Costco did not have, their ranges being limited at times. Our man Michael ( previously seen in his Scotland rugby strip) was on a late start so we could not annoy him.

To Adsa - where I spotted that their Lurpack was £1.47 per kilo dearer than Costco.

The Risk Factory next door in Chesser was busy, some day I will get a chance to go and see how the modern version of my old Crucial Crew Project is being run .

Big thrill - made it to Matalan where their 50% sale was on - but only bought a new frying pan for Jamie and Clair to use for their salmon dishes.

On to The Mercat bar, where me met a tanned Sir Christopher, looking well after his trip to Spain. Claire made me an excellent steak baguette and fries which more than filled a gap - so much so that I still do not feel like eating - might just make do with a trifle red wine till tomorrow a.m. This might well also help me concentrate on my little red ritual book so that I do not make a total fool of myself tomorrow night at Laird of Cockpen 500.

Must try and remember that Jamie @ Shrek is 21 yet again tomorrow, not sure how many +++'s there are to be added.

I see Lewis Hamilton and his team are not too confident this year with the Australian Grand prix this weekend, their new car is not as fast as it should be !! we will need to wait and see.

No comments: