Tuesday 31 March 2009

Cheered by the lovely Lesley




Nice day now and i am back from my travels, having been in and out of town.
Headed out on the A70 and stopped to have a look at the scene of the fatal accident the other morning at Boghall farm , one of the SAC properties.
From what I can make out the north bound Ford Focus has taken the bends from Woodhouselea at speed and by the time he reached Boghall was going too fast to keep on the road, mounted the verge, missed the marker bollard and ploughed straight into a solid stone wall. It is strange though, that the papers are saying it happened between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. !! How long did the car remain undiscovered?
This was the identical spot where three of the five occupants in a mini died many years ago, the two survivors being crippled for life.
On a cheerier note, I stopped off at the florists, "Arrangements Direct" in Morningside Road, where I had a blether to the charming Lesley Wilson, and ended up with another bouquet for Mrs. B. who is over the moon, she thinks I am the bees knees - well maybe that is expecting just a bit much from her!!! Lesley was in good fettle, busy, and looking forward to her belated wedding Anniversary trip to Dubai - hope she enjoys the trip.
Popped in to see Wattie at UNISON, who was also in fine form, I will need to update my files as we are into month 45 of this debacle with the City of Edinburgh Council. I think that the word URGENT has been removed from the Council's version of the Concise Oxford Dictionary and their spell checking system. Never mind I will organise a party for the Anniversary of the four years. I might ask the charming lady in Costco to bake a cake and send bits into all those who have been involved.
Seems that if you are lazy, tell porkies, and earn over £40,000 , your job is safe with the City of Edinburgh Council. - ( OTT , I hope not)
Back on track, had a look into K.B., which was very quiet with the students being on holiday , perhaps a few have made it to the G20 party in London, then off out to the Bush to meet up with the working duo of Alan and Arlene, who really do work !! had to go chase up one of the tenants to get his motor shifted, he said he was treating the matter with extreme URGENCY ( I think he also has the wrong dictionary) but he was not prepared to let me move it to the crusher tomorrow !! Saturday, we will wait and see.
Need to do some work before this wine tasting in The Mercat Bar tonight.

No comments: