Monday 28 November 2011

How to wind me up - without even trying



Firstly , give me a Wi Fi system that works intermittently - in this case I cannot get any photos to download, whereas last night it worked perfectly. AND, I am in a nice hotel , in a nice room, and there is a noise, yes, an intermittent noise which I cannot track down - when it is quiet it is fine, but when on it just resonates, and resonates. It might be associated with the ongoing works which have started on the railway track at the back of the hotel. These works stared at short time ago and have forced the hotel to only use one side of the building except when very busy - not the most ideal of situations.



I did think that the day was going fine, buried in a basement training room all day with five very nice housing officers, keen as mustard - no doubt regretting that they had ended up with me, and certainly very confused at the end of the day - never mind, by the end of day three they will hopefully be a great deal wiser.



BUT - we did manage a nice lunch by escaping from the building and then took ourselves out for a walk around part of Bury - me - I was actually impressed with what I saw of the Town - just a pity you are not getting the photos tonight.



Tomorrow, back to the basement, then up the line by train in the evening.

No comments: