Thursday 24 November 2011

Shine on, golden sun - please -

Back to normal, another restless night - not helped when the bedside lamp came on during the night and for a few moments I honestly thought I was still in the Hilton Waterfalls, and the morning sun was streaming through the window. Big, big disappointment when I realised the truth and was not able to get back to sleep.

I would much rather have been looking at these views instead of sitting in this grey dawn
listening to the reports of early morning accidents on the A720 City By Pass and A7 on Radio Forth 2.

Back to work today at the Dolphin Inn, and tonight might head for the Mercat Bar where there is a wine tasting - not that I would ever dream of trying the wines - having been "dry" since Monday ( small beer before I left Egypt).


Despite this lack of sunshine I did watch another episode of the BBC's "FROZEN PLANET" last night, absolutely fascinating how nature copes with the extremes of the weather - so I suppose I should be realistic and just turn up the central heating. These film makers are marvellous - great series.


No comments: