Friday 18 November 2011

It's the little things that make all the difference -



How often do we hear this, and how true is it - YES - it does make a diference, and here in the Hilton our staff do pay attention to detail and I am continually amazed by them. All staff in the bars, the poolside and restaurants are rotated every ten days or so, so that they do not get set in their ways (good or bad) which keeps them stimulated, etc. We are usually up fairly early, have breakfast in the main restaurant (La Cascade), moving about and meeting all the staff. Head out to the pool where the lad who does our towels can remember all our names and room numbers. At 10 am. this morning we had our coffee's delivered to us without even asking for them. The Beverage manager, the Shish Bish Manager and Seashore staff, along with Ayman El Sawy, the executive chef, all had asked how our nights dinner party had been - keen for feedback, and I know that I now have a local following on the blog.


I am not sure what my friends are making of these recents blogs from here, bearing in mind that I am normally quite critical about most things - the trams, roadwords, Edinburgh Council, and so on. Even my several entries on Trip Advisor are measured and if there is critiscism it is generally constructive. BUT, here I have to say that any faults I have found and commented on have been dealt with almost instantly, but I still have another couple of days or so to go !!!
We had a trip out to the Old Bazaar / Market tonight, but got fed up with all the hassel and having to barter, getting a bit past it I think, so I was happy to get back for a late dinner - even had a first for me, fresh crabs and sqid - yummy.

Good movies on the TV so it is a good excuse for an early night.


No comments: