Sunday 6 November 2011

Masonic Installations - choices are three fold.

Congratulations to Tom Hendry and his team of Office bearers following their Installation into Office at Lodge Newbattle St.Mary, No 1063, Newtongrange, yesterday.
His grand daughters might be able to see him in his "Kings Coat" .
A well worked degree by the Installing masters James Douglas and George Lillie, both Past Masters of 1063.
There was a good turn out from the Lodge and of Visitors from throughout the Province - I had to leave before the speeches but I am sure that those who remained had a great night.
On my way home, I met Alex Mooney, Provincial Grand Superintendent of the Provincial Grand Chapter of Midlothian - who along with Robert Peel, Simon Fairly and others had been to The Annual Installation of the R A Chapter at Colinton and Currie (one of the other two events I should have been at). A small but dedicated band of Companions all had a great afternoon. The other event I was unable to attend was the Regular meeting of the Order of the Squaremen held in the Edinburgh Masonic Club, Shrubhill, - need to wait on Sparky Mark reporting in to see how things went.

No comments: