Wednesday 19 September 2007

Feet up now - long day ahead

Costco - then Bookers, and into The Mercat with our purchases.

We had a 12 md appointment in Edinburgh but is was cancelled, so we just took it easy at The Mercat, where Claire made me the most wonderful sirloin steak, served on a sizzler with onion rings, tomatoes, mushrooms, fries and a mustard sause - accompanied by a nice glass of red wine.

We then went over the road to Imarni's beauty salon, Torphichen Street, where I had a neck and back massage. It was really good, Ann, the therapist used hot stones to get deep into the muscle. She was in her element when she found all the knots in my neck and shoulders and spend nearly an hour working them out. She said that they are caused by stress, bad posture and sitting in the car for too long, its just a pity that I have an eleven hour drive tomorrow which will undo all her good work. However, at the moment I am feeling just brilliant. I will just have to get booked up for another session in the next couple of weeks.
I was telling her about the various massages I had whilst in China, a rather raunchy Thai massage in The Holiday Inn, Wuhtan, where I had a young lady working my spine with knees and elbows, a session of "cupping" which is a very Chinese style massage using little glass globes, they are placed on your body with a flame inside, then as the air is used up a vacume is formed and the skin and underlying muscle is drawn into the globe which apparently draws the blood up to the surface ( I think) . We passed a back street "clinic" in Chin Chong (population 19 million) and saw a man on a table covered in these little globes, did not look too pleasant, however I am led to believe that lots of top movie stars in the USA get this treatment.

Anyway, now back home with feet up, resting before I head south at 5 a.m., just getting a bit too old for all this running about !!!

No comments: