Thursday 13 September 2007

Scotland 1 - France 0

Morning, a long day yesterday, worked in pub all day and then made it home for a quick about turn and back to Dalkeith for 7p.m. So I missed the big game. We got the half time results at 9.15 p.m. and everyone was delighted when news of the goal came in. Down side later on, but I will write about in next blog.

To Bob Malcolm
It is obviously a superb morning, especially after last nights result - well done Scotland. Our Graham and one of his staff had £5 each on McFadden to score and the other lad had a double with the full time result. I actually missed the game as I was in a meeting at Dalkeith which lasted most of the game, but some of the punters at Musselburgh let me know how good a night they were having in my absence.
In response to a wee feature about meeting folks while away on holiday.
Anyway, a few years ago Ann and I were on holiday in Jamaica, lying at the poolside, one of our group said " see that guy trying to get up the coconut tree, he's from Scotland" So I went over to this very big chap on his girlfriends shoulder clinging onto the tree. Got talking, then the penny dropped and said -"I know you, you live at Slipperfield Farm, West Linton", It was Big Jim, who was West Linton "The Whitman" about the same time Graham was the "Hunters Lad".

Your "Son of a Farmer" question was bang on cue as I was about to send this message.

Cheers.

PS - about dog's dinners - the reverse being that " my Granny used to eat dog biscuits, the black ones".

(Bob and Carol Ann give their dogs tea and toast in the morning)

No comments: