Saturday 22 September 2007

Good service

Morning,
Our Graham tries very hard in the The Mercat to provide a good service both from the kitchen and on the floor to the customers, and all manage to get it right most of the time.

It is nice to get out and about and find similar standards elsewhere, so having seen the total opposite with the sneaky traffic wardens in Edinburgh I would like to praise a couple of companies I have come across.

Yesteray was a good example, I went to Scott Cuppola, Electrical Wholesalers in Bonnington, place was busy as usual, but the five guys on the service counter are excellent, they work as a team, have a great product knowledge and are really helpfull with no messing about. there is a coffee machine handy so if you do have to stand you have things to look at also.

Then went to Jewson Timber at Slateford Road, beside Matalan (my favourite clothes shop - so Ann says). I only wanted a wee bit wood, however I paid all of £3 for a 7 ft length ( 2.4 m), again the staff were excellent, helpfull and although the bloke who helped me was just new in the warehouse he was friendly, sociable, and I was able to cut it to length there and then.

Going back a few weeks to when I had my bike serviced at Border Bikes, Duns, by Andy Mimms, here is a classic of a small firm who would never had survived but for the fact their service is superb, friendly, they know your machines, etc. I would not have followed them from Edinburgh, to Gifford, Berwick upon Tweed and now Duns if they had not been good.

No comments: