Wednesday 19 September 2007

Frustrating day

Well, Tuesday Turned out to be fairly quiet, but one of thosedays that someone wanted to talk to you all the time so it was impossible to get much done.
Couple of Mondays patrons arrived, one quite cheery having been to the bookies to collect his winnings, albeit it was only about £15., The other for a hair of the dog, and to admit that he had lost about £400 on Monday. He was saying that he does not have much luck at the horse, but does a lot of punting on golf tournaments where he does very well.

Engineer arrived so the Sportsman Bar is the proud owner of a flashy double chilled tap for Tennents Lager and Stellar Artoir, but you cannot please everyone - the beer is so cold that it pours without a head some times so you have to liven it up off the normal tap.

The lovely Michelle took over prompt so I had a quick run up the road, losing the plot in the traffic queues and jams in Dalkeith, I need to drive with the windows closed to stop people hearing me cursing.

Sparky Marky picked me up in his "heaterless" Ford to go to Bonnyrigg to a meeting at 720, Lodge Dalhousie. I am the ass treasurer, but as the Treasurer, Walter Dick, had forgotton to bring the books he was holding for me I had a quiet night. I won 1st prize in the raffle, nice bottle of Grouse Whisky which will add to my collection

Cletic lost 2. 0 at the football but Scotland won at Murrayfield against Romania. Might be different on Sunday 23rd against New Zealand. I believe that our Graham was at the match and is still snoring off the effects of celebrating.

Off today, so going to town with Ann, chance to rest before heading south again tomorrow.

No comments: