Sunday 16 September 2007

SCAMS

Some weeks ago I received a series of letters from the "Unclaimed Prize Register", PO Box 107, Ross on Wye, saying that I had won a prize in a national competition, all I had to do was phone a priority phone number and get an allocation code, or write to them. I checked the web and found several adverse comments about this organisation . However, I wrote, stating that if I had wone I would like my prize, if not I would write to the Trading Standards, etc. Yesterday I received a letter saying I had won a miniture camera and all I had to do was return my voucher along with £6.50 to PO Box 107.

In the same post I received a letter from "The Award Winners Exchange" PO Box 29, Ross on Wye. telling me that I had definitely won a prize in another competition and all I had to do was make a six minute phone call & £1.50 per minute to get my claim number !!! Here we go again.

Answer is tear them all up, or check them out on the web and pass details to Trading Standards.

No comments: