Saturday 22 September 2007

The Karabin Boy ( Kevin)

last night, having been at a masonic meeting in Gorebridge, I deciced to head for The Mercat, where it was busy, and actually stopped off in town to do one of my own jobs en route.
Mercat was very busy, so I ended up in the sink in the kitchen helping Claire and Stuart, who had been rushed off their feet.

Anyway, Graham says I should meet this young American, and low and behold it was a 6'6" tall, 21 year old kevin Karabin, from Downington, PA. Kevin is the son of Greg and Bonny Karabin who Graham stayed with some years ago when working in the USA and playing rugby, and both Ann and I have stayed with Greg and Bonny.
I had completely forgotton that he and his friend were coming over for the New Zealand match on Sunday, anyway they were very havppy, Grham had organised a bed for them , and they left with Stuart, the chef, to go to the Sportsman's bar, where I later heard them singing on the karaoke when I phoned Robbie ( Koala hugger) at 12 mn to see how things were.

We will meet up with the boys again over the weekend as they will be eating and drinking at The mercat and I suspect singing in the Sportsman's again on Sunday when the karaoke final is on.

Met Andy Brash last night, he had phoned Bob Malcolm at Forth 2 to complain that he had not been reading my daily E mails, however, as I had only sent one this week, he had nothing to read.

Anyway, off to Donna Murray's funeral this morning, I hope all goes well for family.

No comments: