Friday 21 September 2007

Relatives

I was rummaging about this morning and found an old wedding certificate of my Granfather William Deuchars Blaikie / Grandmother Eva Marshall Barclay who were married in 1914.

Discovered that he lived at 2 Perth Street ( off Hernerson Row) and she was from 58 Colinton Road.

Had a look at both places, Colinton Road was rebuilt in the mid 40's and I suspect that Perth Street was likewise, but I will need to check.

Interestingly, there is a paving slab outside the pawn shop, second hand shop, on the corner of Queens Street, Hanover Street !! with the name BLAIKIE engraved into it. This shop is only about 400 yards from Perth Street, and as my Gt grandfather was a merchant there might be a connection.

And , she died in 1935, aged 44, living at that time at 9 Eskside South, Musselburgh, which I think has also been built over.

This will give me something to check out.

2 comments:

Andy Minns said...

Hi Stuart, Andy Minns here, it was good to see you again and just to let you know I read your blogs every day.Keep up the good work.

Stuart said...

Cheers Andy,

bike is running fine, although there is a strong smell of petrol, will try and check it out properly when I get the chance

Hope business has settled down.

Stuart