Thursday 7 August 2008

Been a Long Day


Now 9.50 p.m. and I was awakened at 2.38 a.m. !!! when I had a call from a charming young lady who was wondering if I wished to participate in some sexual fantacies - then called another twice so I obviously did not get back to a sound sleep beofre I eventually goy up at 3.50 a,.m.


The A720 Edinburgh City By pass was flooded at the Dreghorn Spur, so it was closed off following a number of accident s with cars aquaplaning on the water - Sparky has subsequently denied any involvement in this type of flooding - he is happy with domestics - but nothing major.

Edinburgh was a total nightmare all day with the flooding and the place just ground to a halt with folks taking a couple of hours to cover only short distances and many never even made it to work.

Across to Glasgow where I met up with Fraser and it took 45 minutes to sign off everything before heading south - despite the miserable weather I had a good run and the fastest thing to pass me was a taxi near to Moffat.
Jill and Co. were expecting me at Runcorn having been on line and reading the blogs so it was good to get a cheery welcome - I had a load of stuff with me so rather than park the usual 250 yards from the reception I stopped outside, so - low and behold "Jobsworth" eventually appeared and stuck one of his warning letters on the windscreen - in this case I know he did it en route for his breakfast cuppa.

Christine in the canteen - who had also read up and was forewarned of my visit was pleased that we had enjoyed Liverpool - turns out that she and Sue always hit Wetherspoon's early for breakfast - and doubtless a little snifter to see them off beofre they hit the town.


Up the road at the toot , to meet the worst driver I have ever seen on the M6 , driving a wee Peugot van , from Ribble Farm fare, Longridge - the guy was a total maniac - this wee van was bouncing at the speeds he was doing , and further on yet another taxi passed me at the speed of sound.

Made it toGlasgow, and then home where being ever so knackered I had a couple of hours sleep before tea - set up the TV to watch "10,000 yrs BC" before Ricky ( Pirate of the Road) Bothamly appeared for a chat and a tipple from the MCallam's bottle.
I have heard from "wee" Michelle that despite several minor mishaps during her driving test - she was awared with a "PASS" - well done - we look forward to seeing you out and about.
Right - ready for a snooze, hopefully no calls tonight although the phone is switched off, but up early and off to The Mercat a.m.

2 comments:

King Cupid said...

Those voice activated sunvisor camera,s are brilliant aren,t they!

Stuart said...

Which means what ? I am not getting the point - Stuart