Monday 18 August 2008

Busy Sunday - L'Isle Sur la Sorgue Twinning












Sunday , I was in the pub , supposedly for four hours but ended up there for seven - place was pretty busy with lots of tourists.
Ealrly p;.m. just as I was leaving I had a surprise visit from Wee Michelle and Sandy who had come up from Myusselburgh to take in the comedy shows downstairs, good to see them - and today I have had a nice message from Joanne and Tam, obviously missing me!!!!! Just a pity that Big Simon has not seen fit to follow suit.










Made it home where the sun was shining and sat out for an hour or so in the garden till it clouded over but then I had to get ready for the Twinning Reception in Penicuik Town Hall.
There was a really good turn out with a large group over from France and many of my old friends from the local Twinning Association.

The "doo" was to sign copies of a new agreement to continue the link with L'Isle sur la Sorgue which was formed exactly thirty years ago (Sunday) 17th.
The documents were signed by the President of the Twinning Committee here, Mrs. Imrie, the Provost of Midlothian Council Adam Montgomery and the Deputy Mayor of L'Isle.
All of the the Penicuik folks present had been to L'Isle at some time or another and several will be going out again in October for the second part of the signing which should be good.
Sparky has arrived so I will stop meantime and add more later.









No comments: